Blawgh

No matter how pure you may be ... face it, there's darkness in your heart. Before it consumes you, be darkness itself.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Love Me Tether

Whoa, this must be the first time I have no idea what to blog about. So expect severe randomness and a post with different subjects scattered about.

I will be going on a vacation in the March holidays. From Monday to Friday, so that reduces me to only 4 days at home. Worry not, I got a laptop just in time for this dilemma. It's not bad, but I am yet to have time to customize it. It can detect my phone, so maybe I'll start using it as my main blogging medium from now on. IIRC, I am going to Guangzhou, China on Singapore Airlines. This marks my first time on a Singapore Airlines plane! If there's anything confirmed, it's that I will be bringing my DS and the laptop (mainly becuase my father needs it for his job - there, that's it ... In the future, I will keep myself out of work stuff when on vacation with family members). I have been pondering about whether I should bring my PS2 along or not. I mean, 4 days is too short, seriously. Not to mention I can't stay up late on the last Sunday. There are a few games that is already confirmed that Williew will resume playing - Odin Sphere (after a sickly hiatus), Silent Hill Origins (practically too scared at the first save point to play any further when I first got it) and of course, my dear P4. Currently I am focusing more on my DS games, since the PS2 has hardly any (good) new releases anymore and the fact that the DS has plenty of games that are just what I dig. I use a R4 card, and my games are mostly RPGs and Adventures with a single Horror. Games that are put on a break are cut-and-pasted over to my computer to save space. Those I am taking a break from include Final Fantasy III & IV, Exit DS and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. 

Talking about DS games, I am yet again into another JP game. I mean, the US release is due June 23rd, I believe, so am I expected to wait that long when the game's so good? The game I am hinting is ... Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor, which will of course be released as SMT: Devil Survivor.

Yeah, I know the main cast suspiciously resembles the P3 cast, especially the main trio (MCs, Yuzu & Yukari, Atsuro & Junpei). The plot involves a 7-day survival like in TWEWY, just that this one is set in the whole of Tokyo and not Shibuya. Anyway, the characters have gadgets called COMPs which resemble the DS physically. Atsuro, the whiz kid (who somehow for some weird contradictory reason has low MAG growth but focuses on STR and END) just happened to hack into a folder in the COMP which releases the first three demons the protagonists have to fight. Upon victory, they become party members. The COMP can thereby be used to receive mails from others, enter auctions to purchase new demons, view character profiles, perform demon fusion, save data and change the game settings. If my memory serves me dutifully, this should be the first SRPG SMT game. When attacking, the screen experiences a transition to a battlefield in first-person view where allies and foes dish out attacks. It's pretty cool, and I will still grab the US release when it's out. The game features multiple endings, so I guess it can last till I get the US release. 

Let's just say that the DS really has awesome games. Compared to the PSP, the DS falls behind in term of graphics and sound, but makes up with more quality games. I have thought of getting the PSP ... but heck, that may take a few more years. I really want to concentrate on my writing competitions since there is prize money to be won, but I can't really focus with all the school projects hogging me down. Can the Education Ministry please explain the use of these kerja kursus-es we are doing? Because if there's one thing I know for certain about it is that it severely takes up large chunks of our valuable time and causes unnecessary stress. I have really been thinking about ditching everything and focus on my short story, which I haven't even started and the deadline's due end of next month. The one thing pulling me back is whether or not I can actually win - if I can't win the prize money, it's really not worth it, and the story is not going to be returned. Argh, I am currently torn between my schoolwork and my own dreams. If I can request a personal special ability, I'd choose the power to manipulate time and space. I'd just freeze time and finish everything, because it just always seems that I must have SOMETHING to be finished, sheesh. Personally of course, I have not the slightest intention to be doing my projects. Then again, it's not like people care what I want. Thankfully, this year's PK project is much smoother, thanks to Mr Jeffrey who doesn't reject every single piece of my work. It actually gives me the motivation to finish quick. I am worried about the woodwork, because I heard he's quite strict on that part and I suck doing woodwork. *sigh* But no worries, no matter how strong the gale and blinding the lightning, Williew will always pull through.

Have you guys heard of the recent petitions in West Malaysia? The petitions against PPSMI - teaching Science and Mathematics in English. According to recent news, the higher-ups of those petitions think that people learn better in BM and it is our national language. I will not try to sound biased with my opinions. The main point is the blatant injustice in their claims. They practically ruled out people who learn better in English. As a student, I find English easier to understand than BM. BM isn't too bad for me, but when compared I really find English to be much easier to understand. While this may be unrelated, I prefer writing English essays, mainly because people prefers reading them and even teachers appreciate them. Whenever I write fictional BM essays, I never get high marks from teachers. They always complain that I drag things around (exactly what my mother remarks - berleter-leter). To top things off, starting next year it is fully factual for us. It is as if they are trying their best to make BM boring. Well, I am never really against factuals - I sometimes write non-fictionals myself, but every single factual BM topic is so freaking CLICHED every year and keeps getting recycled that I'm nigh bored dead. They could have made it more fun by asking us to write philosophical ones - on second thoughts, no, because BM teachers also do not like that (last year I did 'Death' as my oral speech topic in Ms Siti's class and obviously the reaction wasn't very convincing). Factual English essays are fun, you get to stuff in lots of words and quotings. Not to mention I really love musing with things. Now, back to the main topic. I think those petitioners are deliberately trying to stall us from grasping the international language (English) because probably they themselves aren't so good with it so they are jealous that we get to be more knowledgeable than they are. Just my opinions. If they have so much time to burn through, they might as well petition to ban kerja kursus instead. If we learn Science and Maths in BM, we surely can't do very well overseas. I mean, the rest of the subjects are already in BM! Why are they so selfish!? They should be thankful that we students don't go on strike asking for all the other subjects to be taught in English! Get real - we will really only need BM that much if we plan to never modernize and jsut stay the way we are in this sheltered place called Malaysia that is quite the hypocrite - makes up urbanization challenges to be achieved but at the same time tries to slow doen progress. You're such a jerk, Malaysia. What disappoints me most is that the petitions even got the support of A. Samad Said - I expected him to be quite wise. Pity, he chose to side against English.

It's, like, I have work to do, so, like, I gotta bounce. BTW, I never knew this is how bimboes talk, I am just imitating the way Ini Miney talks in PW: JFA.