Blawgh

No matter how pure you may be ... face it, there's darkness in your heart. Before it consumes you, be darkness itself.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Live Long, Die Fast

I'm … down with fever. Hopefully it lasts till Wednesday at least so I can skip school tuition on Tuesday. It started this afternoon when I suddenly felt real cold while playing my DS in an air-conditioned room. I guess I really shouldn't have gone swimming last night when I am already coughing. Anyway, I've taken medication, so I should be fine. I tried mixing Sprite with salt. It's really quite refreshing and cooling. Besides taking the custom Sprite, I also went for badminton, as usual. I let out a lot of perspiration, which is good for countering fevers. I played till quite late due to our new program, Night Stalker. It can only be done at night when we only use our hearing and estimation to identify the position of the incoming shuttlecock. It's a pretty nifty training to hone one's senses and reflexes. In case you were wondering – yes, I named it after the American serial killer Richard Ramirez. After coming home, I had an Icebun. I really made up the name – it's just ice cream in a burger bun. Mine was peppermint and yam ice cream – yammy (this pun is actually an original of mine)! My favorite flavor for nearly everything has always been peppermint. I like naming characters in my stories Mint, my close friends call me Mint and it's really quite a … cool name! There's actually a reason to it besides the fact that I crave peppermint. You see, back in 5th grade, I invented quite the prime communication system in class during the second half of the school year. It's the MoCoBu (pronounced moh-koh-boo), which is short for Mobile Communication Book. Basically, I have this really neat notebook that I use as some sort of a forum … or chatbook, as the others called it. In the first few pages there are rules and stuff. The rest are basically messages that we write down while passing the book through the class. There is a separate book, the Office (the first book mentioned is the Chatroom) – where people register down their personal profiles first and pick their personal username before they are able to use the chatbook. So, I called myself bad-mint-on, after the one and only sport I don't suck in doing. Everyone else in the chatbook refers to me as Mint, and obviously I am the administrator. People who broke rules are banned, though that rarely happened. And after watching the Galaxy Angel anime, I am further convinced that Mint would make a good name. Thus, I am really into that name. The system was cancelled in 6th grade, since most of the regulars are no longer in our class (in 6th grade we 6th-graders were split into two classes – Red for those weak in studies and Yellow for the higher-ups). I really hate that because I had to make new friends all over and I have quite a few really close friends in Red class. Those new classmates that were from Yellow before 6th grade are pretty stuck-up and annoying. Anyway, I was seated with this girl who really loathed me because I was extremely annoying. Eh, by the end of the year, she's already a friend. Yeah, I'm known to be able to press people over time to become friends.

These days I've been doing some underappreciated charity work in class. Basically, I am naming everyone's chairs so that identification is easy and they won't get them mixed up by writing on the chairs with Helena, my correction liquid. I myself am quite particular about this matter – I don't like using others' chairs, so I especially hate it whenever I came back to class just to find my chair gone. Anyway, this is the current roster of named chairs:

Wilson – Clarissa

Brandon – Barbara

Alfred – Zephyra

Karen – Gustaf

Philemon – Potpourri (I thought it's po-pu-ri, Phil)

Sharon – Seymour

Michael – Eve

Dawn – Enson

James – Jessica

Lester – Fatima (be honored, Lester, for you are sitting on Luminous Arc 2's Shadow Frost Witch)

Jocelyn – Halibut

I've been thinking of naming Susan's Kristoph. For some reason, the really boring people like Jordan, Jessy etc. doesn't want their chairs named. Oh well, it's their loss, not my problem. And there are those who are constantly complaining (Philemon & Jocelyn) - Phil mainly because he is one of the boring types but at least he gave in (reluctantly) – not knowing that he is sitting on the Verdure Witch. I chose Potpourri for him as their personalities are so damn alike! Yeah, I mean, they're selfish, pompous, annoying, arrogant and stuck-up cute, popular, sociable and stylish. Jocelyn just doesn't like the name Halibut. It's quite catchy to me (Hairy Butt), and the fact that there's no need to care so long as you can identify your own chair. Relax and breathe people. I personally intended to give not-so-pretty names, like Barbara, Enson etc. so bear with it. And those like Phil should appreciate their really cute names, geez. To those like Jordan though, stop acting like you are so mature and realistic. I was so happy when Jordan sat on Brandon's chair, just to get Brandon to say, "Why are you sitting on my Barbara!? Get off my Barbara!" and Jordan's mouth went a-gaping. IN-YURH-FACE, Jordan Teng. If you think I'm immature, you're practically insulting your own friend Brandon too. Also, he tries to act more mature during English class's War of the Sentences with his most disappointing line ever: "It's just a game." No, you just lack competitiveness, Jordan. Sports are also games, so why were the people who were close to attaining the Gold Medal in the Olympics but failed all so emotional? Get a grip of the real reality. If you are never serious in anything, eh, Vivi literally casted his Doomsday spell on you. I am not dissing Jordan, but just advising. It also hurt me pretty deep as a gamer and for all the other gamers in the world – we put effort into playing games, and we reap up knowledge and skills. It's like all that was for naught. Especially things that really took a lot of effort like beating Yiazmat in FFXII, getting to Level 9999 in NIS games etc. And what about the game developers who earn money from developing games? Maybe I am just a tad bit over-sensitive, but yeah, I was severely offended. Of course War of the Sentences (WotS) is nothing like that, but still. Please, very pretty please, don't team up with me just to hog the team down with your ennui. As a word of note, I never liked group assignments. You have to work with people, and that's very hard for me. Most of the time you can't trust your teammates (I've finally been enlightened to this fact after the past years being repeatedly disappointed when doing rehearsals for plays etc.). This is especially annoying when you yourself are fully committed with doing the job/project. Even my parents are irritated now. Whenever I say there's a group meeting at someone's house, they'll be objecting non-stop since it's ALWAYS a waste of petrol and time, but I will still argue for the sake of the group. It's really not worth it. The only time I am actually satisfied was last year when I was doing the project for History with Alfred and Co. at his house. Luqman didn't attend our meeting, but he still did his job well. We managed to finish way earlier than the other groups and I can't say I am disappointed in them at all. In fact, they can be trusted. I also love the group assignments way back in ELC – the results are always capable of making me content. In 5th grade I directed and wrote a play in ELC for the first time ever and it was a huge success. Everyone took heed of my advices with voices, costumes, script, and some even improvised. The best thing of all, they took good care of the props I provided. When I brought my swords to Lodge however, they were swiftly broken up by jerks. If there's any source of my bitterness other than my father, it's Lodgians. Well, just most of them. At least there are still people like Dawn or Eugene. I just don't really like people, I totally hate crowds, and I don't think I'll ever like people much. Quoting Edward Morrison, "If there is evil, it lurks in the hearts of men" (I'm not sure it's completely correct, I typed that from memory). But humans aside, there are still friends – exalted humans whom I can seek solace in. For that, I am very grateful. However, what is this world without the presence of scum?