Blawgh

No matter how pure you may be ... face it, there's darkness in your heart. Before it consumes you, be darkness itself.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lafcadio Hearn Is A Nice Name

Why am I blogging so early, you ask? Why, that's because ... I woke up early! ... ... ...

Well, I woke up early, then Mynci, my father and I went out for breakfast at a coffee shop in the main town of Bau. I gobbled up my fried rice then hopped over to QQ's shop. We walked around on pretense. Due to that pretense, I never saw her. Wow. So I went over to the bookstore, grabbed a manga mag, and here I am at home. I got a tummy ache from my breakfast. Stupid coffee shop food. Must have been my canned drink. The can looked pretty unhygienic even after I wiped it with tissue. After that I played a little Cradle of Persia on my computer. It's a pretty nifty game that my sis dug up from out of nowhere. As in, from the computer. She said she got it from the My Pictures folder O_O ... well, she never answers straight, but I gotta thank her for getting a new game. Out of nowhere. Cool. 

Since I am free anyways ... Let's recap back to March. I went to China. I never blogged about it. I really went there for the big Liew bloodline reunion. Ha. Wth.

While I was still in Guangzhou city, I did once when searching for my mother in the late evening when she hasn't came back after quite awhile (she said she went to buy some sundries?). Of course, I won't do that for my father. So, acting like a detective, I scanned the main street for any traces of blood/glass/metal in case my mom got into an accident. Phew, thank goodness nothing happened. Next was the nearest strip mall. I whipped out my iPhone, and started asking random people whether they have seen the woman in the photo that I was displaying. Sigh ... no dice. It was really worrying. Not to mention the weather was cold. In the end, I gave up and trudged back to the hotel. My mom returned much much later. Apparently she netted herself a guide of her own and she went shopping elsewhere and there were lots of snacks and cup noodles. Yay? Okay, so that was very worrisome and it repeated the following night. Only that time, I brought my sis along. In the end our search bore no fruit. Anyways, that aside, the hotel's buffet was awesome! I always look forward to breakfast every morning. Since I can get any ingredients I want, I tried out food art! I'll just post one:

I know I could have tidied up the lower-right side a bit, but I forgot. This is the easiest form of food art for me yet - just use fried rice as base, then sprinkle some furikake to make shapes. The buffet had all sorts of condiments, and was I delighted when I saw that they have furikake! There were many other foodstuffs, I definitely recommend it. It's the Baiyun Hotel, in case it had already slipped your mind.

I would like to continue, but I have only done 1/4 of my total homework!